Thursday, October 25, 2007

Alaska

Every summer i go to Alaska to work on a commercial gillnetting boat, my dad owns the boat. The day after school gets out I get on a plane in Seatac and that plane takes me to Anchorage. I get on another plane there that takes me to King Salmon, from there my dad picks me up and drives me to the camp we stay at. The company we sell the fish we catch to is called Peterpan Seafood's Inc. Usually I get there right after free week which is a week of fishing right at the beginning of the season where you kind of just test it out. There are lots of different areas to fish at in Bristol Bay, there is the Naknek Quejak district, Nushagak, and a few others, but we usually fish in the Nushagak district for most of the season and towards the end of the season we transfer to the Naknek Quejak district. At the very end of the season we put the boat away, the company has a big crane that lifts our boat out of the water and then we clean it up and winterize it and put it in the warehouse and go home, and my favorite part (get paid).

1 comment:

@nthony said...

I like how you get o go to alaska luck duck!! =) My farvorite part would probliby be getting paid to because I really need some money to buy a new airoft gun!! lol